In a world full of communication channels, email marketing might seem like an old-school choice. However, this tried-and-true method continues to provide a whopping 400% return on investment, outperforming social media and PPC ads, according to Oberlo.
To capitalize on these impressive returns, it’s crucial to create emails that capture your audience’s attention and drive them to take action. So, buckle up as we share four tips for crafting high-converting emails…
- Win Them Over with a Killer Subject Line An email’s journey to success starts with the subject line. It’s the first impression that determines whether your email will be opened or sent straight to the trash. Here’s how to create irresistible subject lines:
- Use urgency, curiosity, or exclusive offers to grab attention
- Highlight crucial details with [brackets]: e.g., [Special Offer]
- Stand out by saying something unexpected
- Keep it short and sweet (under 60 characters to avoid truncation)
- Test multiple subject lines to learn what resonates with your audience
- Personalize Your Emails for Maximum Impact People crave personalized content. By segmenting your email list, you can tailor your messages to each subscriber’s unique needs and interests. For instance, create separate lists for different lead magnets, allowing you to address specific problems your audience is trying to solve. Campaign Monitor found that such segmentation can lead to a staggering 760% increase in revenue!
- Keep It Short and Sweet The internet has gifted us with an abundance of information—and shorter attention spans. So, when crafting your emails, remember that less is often more. Aim for no more than 200 words, and ensure your offer or story is presented early on to keep readers engaged.
- Conversational Tone: Make Your Readers Feel Like You’re Talking to Them A conversational tone can go a long way in making your readers feel like you’re speaking directly to them. By adopting a friendly and approachable style, you create a connection that encourages them to engage with your content. Remember to ask questions, address them by name if possible, and use a natural, relatable voice. This way, your readers will feel valued and be more likely to respond to your call-to-action.
With these four tips in your arsenal, you’re now equipped to craft high-converting emails that captivate your audience and drive results. Happy emailing!